The induction program is designed to implement
professional development that provides choice and flexibility. It is guided by
research, standards, and local priorities, and responds to the needs of new teachers,
coaches, and administrators.
- are provided with learning communities for professional learning, problem-solving and opportunities to collaborate
- will collaborate assisted by their coaches/mentors in applying professional learning.
- are engaged in ongoing professional development by well-qualified presenters and facilitators.
- are given choice and flexibility in their professional learning.
- are provided with opportunities to incorporate reflection within their practice.
Coaches and/or Mentors are:
- provided with learning communities for professional learning, problem-solving, reflection, and opportunities to collaborate.
- supported with professional development that is guided by research, standards, local priorities, and the developmental needs of coaches/mentors and beginning teachers.
- given opportunities to apply new learning to their coaching practice through engaging in goal setting and reflection, analyzing data of beginning teacher development, field observations, and peer coaching.
- engaged in ongoing professional development by well-qualified presenters and facilitators.