Goals and outcomes should be clearly established to ensure teacher effectiveness that
has a positive impact on student achievement and teacher retention.
When developing an induction program vision, districts should:
- focus on best practices in teaching.
- create organizational systems for helping all teachers to reach their highest potential as teacher leaders.
- provide opportunities for collaboration to reduce isolation among new teachers.
- foster new professional norms of collaboration and on-going learning.
- set high standards for all who are involved in new teacher induction.
- establish the expectation of a successful teacher as one who continues to engage in professional development from the moment they enter the field.